- First constructed 1694
- Acquired by the Spitalfields Trust 1998
- Listed Grade II*
- Stepney Green Conservation Area
Early in 1998 the Trust struck a deal with a local developer to buy this magnificent house, which dates from 1694. It is one of the finest in the entire borough, and a rare example of a large, formerly free-standing 17th-century house in inner London. Although it was in reasonable condition, it needed much tidying up having been in institutional use since the 1870s. In summer 1998 it was granted change of use to a single family dwelling, which it has remained ever since.